Sunday, September 9, 2012

Song and Video Reviews

Sorry I was gone darlings! But here I am again.

With Nicki Minaj, I'm either going to love her song or hate it. I loved Super Bass because it was easy to sing along to and fun to listen to in the car (half my criteria for a song is if you can listen to it in the car) and Starships (another car song). I could not stand Beez In The Trap or I Am Your Leader. When I first heard Pound the Alarm, I wasn't super excited about it. Not only that, but I was in the car and I didn't really like it. So I guess Nicki really had to do what she did with the video - make it action packed and full of feathers and sparkles, for me to love it. You don't have to like the song - just liking Mardi Gras will keep you under the spell.

When I heard the opening lyrics to Jessie and the Toy Boy's relatively new song On With My Bad Self, I was not by any means impressed. It didn't sound like the Jessie I liked, but 50 seconds in the video, I was rewarded with a wonderfully pop chorus. The next lyrics after had the same beat as the beginning but somehow were not as irritating or cliche feeling. Favorite line? "How do you spell Plagiarism? Mmmmmmmmmmmm I don't know" A warning to those who are faint of heart - unless you like zombie movies, don't watch past 2:20.

Swag List

Lady Marmalade - Chrisina Aguilera, Lil' Kim, Mya, P!nk
Anything Could Happen - Ellie Goulding
Obsessed - Miley Cyrus
We R Who We R - Ke$ha
Life's A Happy Song - Gary and Walter

No comments:

Post a Comment