Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Album Announcements

As we know, Sky Ferreira is releasing an EP before an album. However, I'm still putting it under album announcements, since the alliteration has such a nice ring. Her EP will be called Ghost and be released October 2nd. I've never been Sky's biggest fan, and I have to say that I'm not super excited about this album. I know some people will go absolutely gaga over it, but I personally am a complete dancy music fan. I would say this music is sort of alternative rock...but definitely not her pop of old (so sad, I absolutely adored Obsession!). Her song Everything Is Embarrassing has been pretty popular, though it doesn't do much for me. I won't be purchasing, but if you like her sound, check it out.

In six days, Carly Rae Jepsen's second album will be released, called Kiss. Unlike Sky, I really love Carly's music (I'm almost embarrassed to admit it). Sometimes her stuff isn't totally to my taste, but I am super looking forward to Turn Me UpBeautiful ft. Justin BieberThis Kiss and I ADORE Good Time. This is one album where I'll be test driving all the songs, choosing which ones pass and fail the iPod test, and I can't wait to do so. Even if you didn't like Call Me Maybe (which I had a fairly cool attitude to at first), try some of the other songs, because as we all know, one album can cover a lot.

Swag List

Make It In America - Victorious Cast ft. Victoria Justice
Somebody To Love - Leighton Meester ft. Robin Thicke
You Can't Get In My Head (If You Don't Get In My Bed) - Tatana ft. Natalia Kills
The Next Worst Thing - 78violet
When I Grow Up - The Pussycat Dolls

No comments:

Post a Comment