Sunday, June 24, 2012

Artists to Go Back To

Sorry you guys! It's summer vacation, I don't have an excuse to offer...

Before I extol on Twenty Twenty, I want to thank Popmaze, and for her post here that made me look at this band again. Their top peak is 26 in the UK, and I feel like they could easily be higher, especially since bands like One Direction and The Wanted are so popular now - or maybe it's just that two boybands is company, but three is a crowd. Love To Life is easy to love, with the beat and voice of the members being very similar to many other bands, though this is not necessarily bad. Though I have heard much music like it, it doesn't put me in a rut, rather, it gives me familiarity with the music and a comforting happiness that I associate with good music. Move It is less so familiar, but just as good. And remember, even though their music makes them similar to others, it is their image (doppelgangers, lipring) that makes them completely different.

Once again, The Ready Set does not disappoint. Both the song and music video for Give Me Your Hand (Best Song Ever) are super great. I especially love that this video, which is the official lyric video, has a girl signing the lyrics. I don't know sign language, but it looks like she's legitimately signing the lyrics! In case you don't remember or wasn't with me then, I posted about The Ready Set awhile ago, here. Just like then, details about the new album aren't known, only that it will be released in the autumn of 2012. Get excited!

Swag List

Ok Go - This Too Shall Pass
Alexis Jordan - Happiness
Katy Perry - Wide Awake
The Wanted - Glad You Came
Jessie and the Toy Boys - Push It

1 comment:

  1. I feel happy that I made you remember Twenty Twenty again. :) I hope they do well with there new album, which is set to be released later this year :)

    ReplyDelete