Friday, April 27, 2012

All Sorts of Pop

Now that I've shamefully broken my promise to be back the next day, and I've finished almost all of my other work, time for another post! I've found a gem this time, and I'm SO glad, thanks to my wonderful friend, PopMaze (love you babe). Nikki of Soundgirl has decided to go solo. Which, let me tell you, has my happiness bar reaching the top. I love her song Intro Intro, the song and the video are equally fun and playful.

When I hear Cinnamon Girl, I wonder why more people haven't heard of her. She isn't well known at all, so let's see how posting this does. Her song Friends is very chaotic.  There are a lot of electric sounds as well as drums, guitars, and vocals, It isn't too bad, and I recommend you try it at least.

Once again, my late conduct is disgraceful. Here's a new artist! To be honest, I'm finding myself toeing my indie rule. Jessie Ware is technically pop, but it has that feel to it. If I could bu it in the U.S., it wouldn't be one of my most played songs, but still on a few playlists. 110% is a rather strange songs in a few respects, but I like it!

Swag Playlist
Elmo - I'm Elmo and I Know It
Colette Carr - We Do It (Primo)

2 comments:

  1. Thankyou! I love the song Intro Intro so much, but I wonder why SoundGirl didn't release it as a single, instead of just Nikki on her own?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's a really good question. Maybe it was written later, or they rejected it as a group.

    ReplyDelete