Friday, July 27, 2012

Songs to Fall in Love With

I'm so sorry to have been gone for so long! As is my tradition, I apologize by featuring three things - songs in this case - for you, instead of two.

I know you love the Veronicas. Ever since Untouched hit the scene four (oh wow...FOUR years ago). In the video they look so alike that it's almost eerie to see them standing next to each other. I certainly was glad by the one black one blonds change in the Hook Me Up video in 2009. Anyways, their new song? It's called Lolita and I love it. Like a lot of music has more recently, it has a stronger electronic sound than they've had before, and while that has an ability to destroy a songs sound, Lolita is made stronger, more powerful, and in the true Veronicas fashion, creepier. Five out of five gold Veronicas are awarded to this song.

I know you saw the picture and judged instantly. I know. But don't! Because even though a lot of his music is similar, and therefore you basically listen to him or you don't, I have finally found a song by Justin Bieber that will appeal to an audience beyond his own. So even if you aren't a Bieber Fan, take a listen to Maria. As you may suspect after hearing the first 30 seconds, it's about Mariah Yeater. It is really easy to start singing along quickly, and the beat is very catchy. If you really like it, listen She Don't Like The Lights, a song that sounds very similar, but Maria is still overall his best song. By a long shot.

I know all you UK fans know about Xenomania producing You Bring Me Joy, Amelia Lily's next song. But to everyone else who hasn't heard it yet, it is pure Amelia Lily, with all of her talent and attitude. I'm really excited for her album if this is a sample of what is to come!


P.S I guess this is part number four, but I literally just found out that the beloved Janet Devlin is confirmed to be recording her debut album! Details here! Are you guys excited?

Swag List

Natalia Kills - Kill My Boyfriend
Nicole Scherzinger - Don't Hold Your Breath
P!nk - Blow Me (One Last Kiss)
Jeniffer Lopez - Going In ft. Flo Rida
Jason Mraz - I'm Yours

No comments:

Post a Comment