Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Unheard-of Pop

I'm definitely going to say something about Aubrey O' Day closer to when her debut solo album comes out later this year, but until then, I realized that there are quite a few people who don't know about her solo work from Danity Kane, unless you are a music researcher or a lover of that band. But to everyone else, surprise! Her sound is pretty similar to Danity Kane's, and a particularly cool song of her's that reminds me a little bit of Myah Marie is Automatic (not Automatik by Livvi Franc). Aubrey's pretty cool, tough some people will have to listen to her songs a few times to gain a taste for them.

I'm not quite sure whether I should present Lena Katina. On one hand, not many people have heard of her. On the other, it's completely unclear about whether a label will sign her. I'll just present her here, and we'll see if she's a hit or a miss. Irritatingly enough, the first video on Youtube is only available to those over age 18, sorry under-18s. But another song of hers that I like equally is Stay. I definitely like those pop songs that are slow, but not so slow as to count as a ballad, but are still pop-py and interesting as well as sweet. Lena definitely embodies that style. You have to want to listen to that style of music at the moment to listen to her, but it's very sweet and a good balance.


Swag List
Danity Kane - Damaged
Porcelain Black - Naughty Naughty
Jeffree Star - Beuaty Killer
Diana Vickers - The Boy Who Murdered Love
Guns N' Roses - November Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment