Monday, August 27, 2012

First Album Reviews + Bonus Artist

I've never really reviewed albums before, but two recently came out, and I'm excited to give you guys my thought on what I think of them. Here goes! Note: My release dates are the dates for the U.S.

First, Rita Ora's debut album, titled O.R.A. released the 25th of August 2012

First off, I can see why people compare her to Rihanna. Rihanna fans, swarm to your computers and download this album, because it is very likely that you will enjoy this album. I see so much potential for this album, and if it doesn't make it at least close to the top, I should probably sue the radio stations, because it is super catchy. I wouldn't say she's a second Rihanna, she certainly isn't. Rihanna tends to put more focus on her voice, and make it the center of the song, with cool effects in the background, while Rita Ora definitely puts more music in there as well. Love it!


Conor Maynard's debut album, titled Contrast released October 16th 2012

So, this is mostly for UK, Phillipines, Poland and Germany, since those are the only place that this has been released so far. Well, I'd have to say that I'm pretty disappointed in this. Don't get me wrong, I do like electronic sounds in my music - I adore the Black Eyes Peas, but this was too much. It sounded like a bunch of robots broke into his recording session and started screaming. Which is why I was surprised when I heard the opening bars for the song "Another One", which I was sorta impressed with, especially considering the set of the album. You'll like that song if you like One Direction and Justin Bieber for sure. I also enjoy the song "Take Off". Interestingly enough, neither of those songs have as much electronic interference as the other ones. There are a few good songs, but only if you're willing to look for them.

Nabiha isn't the most obscure artist, but she should be more well known. What I think distinguishes her from other artists is how palpable her attitude is in her song Never Played the Bass and in Trouble. Trouble really reminds me of Duffy's song Mercy, which was, to say the least, pleasurable. I don't feel a lot of success for Nabiha unfortunately, and I'm not crazy in love with her, but it would be nice to have a few more songs from her, because that attitude is very unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment