Sunday, January 15, 2012

If there is a single new pop duo worth mentioning, that duo is Oh My! The duo in question is new enough that there isn't a Wikipedia page for them, and less than 6,000 listeners on last.fm. It is very much Brit pop - the girls accents are very obvious in the songs, and the style is very Brit pop, a bit cheeky and playful rather than the more intense tones of US pop. My personal favorite of their very small repertoire is Kicking and Screaming, but I appreciate the Dirty Dancing references in Dirty Dancer. Oh My is worthy of checking out, but if you aren't an indie fan (just like me) then don't watch the videos, and just listen, as the videos have a somewhat indie stylization.

I guess when I clicked Replay for the second time without being tired of the song at all, I realized I had to blog about Angel. I also just saw the film Joyful Noise, so this song could come right from the pop-gospel themed soundtrack. And although I normally don't listen to religiously themed songs, this song is so sweet and very universal. It has a touch of Western and Country, but is the ultimate comfort track. Go In, Go Hard sounds as if it might be very inappropriate and dirty, but it isn't at all! Surprise!

Swag List:
Cascada - Evacuate the Dancefloor
Guns n' Roses - Street of Dreams
Aqua - Cartoon Heroes
Luminites - All Dressed Up
DJ Earworm - United States of Pop 2009 (Blame it on the Pop)

No comments:

Post a Comment