Sunday, November 25, 2012

DNA review




Full Album Here


Since I was gone so long, I missed the release of Little Mix's album DNA. Read on to see what I think.

Wings - I love this song. It's very strong and the perfect starter, as it shows off their great style and powerful voices. They deserved to win X Factor, and this song proves that.

DNA - the starting chords creeped me out, because I am creeped out by music boxes. But once the vocals started, I loved this song. People have called Little Mix the female One Direction, but the thing about Little Mix is that their individual voices aren't just good, they are POWERFUL. I wouldn't say this is the best song, but it is good enough to merit the title of the album. Furthermore, the music video = stunning, and a whole new image of Little Mix.

Change Your Life - Everything about this is a good song. First off, as an American I love it when anybody from the UK speaks in their songs, because their accents are gorgeous. This song is absolutely beautiful and I can't for it to be performed live, because its one of those songs - good to perform, good to sing.

Always Be Together - This song makes me so emotional. It belongs on the soundtrack of a movie. This is so far my favorite song on the album because even though it isn't dancy, it is beautiful.

Stereo Soldier - Cue in the cheesy song name. Unfortunately, this song does not live up to the rest of the standards that the rest of the album has put up, which is too bad, but hey - every album has at least one song that just isn't as good. I would probably like it if I heard it first without any other Little Mix beauty around it, but since I did hear it after Always Be Together, I see that it's weaker than the other songs.

Pretend It's OK - This song, I feel, is the epitome of Little Mix style. Once again, Little Mix were made to perform, and this song fits that perfectly. I love how there is never one person who is dominant, but rather, their voices work together.

Turn Your Face - I wanted to like this song. I really did. It reminds me slightly of Demi Lovato's Skyscraper,  only less so. Sorry girls, I can't give you this one.

We Are Who We Are - After Turn Your Face, this sounds remarkably One Direction-ish. Only with the Little Mix remix (ha, ha). I really like this song - maybe because i'm a sucker for songs that say "I'm perfect the way I am", but I felt like I heard more intensity in the song from the singers, like they mean what they're singing, which, as we all know, is pretty important.

How Ya Doin'? - My first thoughts were that this song was very bizarre. The whole thing with the leaving of the message, and the so not 21st style beginning, I was a bit confused and not a big fan. But as the song progresses, though the lyrics are not very good, the tune and beat are, so it makes up for it.

Red Planet (ft. T-Boz) - Our first featured artist for Little Mix! Hooray! This song basically = E.T. by Katy Perry, as far as the chorus music goes, though naturally, Little Mix's lyrics are far less explicit. It sounds a bit messy though, and I can't see it being very popular.

Going Nowhere - Unlike Turn Your Face, I was NOT a fan in the beginning. However, I have taken a yen to the Spanish sound and instruments, and it is definitely a sing along song.

Madhouse - whenever I hear the word "madhouse" I can only think of Rihanna's song. This song is nothing like that, and though it is very different it is, I think equally good.

Love Drunk - This one sounds like it came straight from the set of High School Musical or some other cheesy musical movie. No other comment.

Make You Believe - This song is fabulous. From the very opening throughout the rest, the focus is on VOCALS and the sheer power of the members' voices. I love this song and bonus: slightly reminds me of the Cheetah Girls before they went bad.

Case Closed - I love this song. it sounds a little bit like DNA, only less intense. Everything from the very cool title to the chorus to beat is great. This is easily one of the best songs on the album, and would have made a fabulous last song.

Overall, if you are a fan of Little Mix's, you will not be disappointed. They tend to start with weak openings, but by the time it gets to the chorus, the songs are fabulous and oh-so worth it. I think those who like other artists like Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Selena Gomez, One Direction, The Wanted, and other artists like so will love Little Mix as well. Those who can't buy it from iTunes, check out the prices for the regular version (missing Love Drunk, Make You Believe, and Case Closed) here.

No comments:

Post a Comment